WHAT IS FRAGRANCE ?Fragrance is volatile chemical molecules spread continuously in the air by the substances. It is sense of smell to perceive such molecules distributed in the air.
A single fragrance perceived is in fact an effect created by a great number molecules. When it comes to smelling, although it is nose that comes to mind first, only 5 % of smelling in fact takes place in the nose. Remaining 95 % completely takes place in the brain.
These volatile molecules are transmitted to the odour centre in the brain with electrical vibrations via approximately 6-10 million nerve cells (neurons) in the humid olfactory epithelium tissue in the inner channels of nose.
Thus, such fragrance becomes sense in the brain. This central memory is connected with other centres responsible for taste and balance. As the higher the ambient temperature, there increases evaporation directly proportional to heat and molecules distributes in a wider area, the clearer will be the fragrance to be perceived.
Odour is the most important element that effects our sensual world, it leads to the creation of some behaviours and reactions. For example, fresh grass, leaf and greenery fragrance perceived reminds relief, life excitement and spring. And a nice flower fragrance gives the feeling of peace, happiness and relief.
Smelling sense and memory is closely linked to each other. The reason why we recognize the fragrances around us without feeling out of them is that we have odour memory. Any kind of odour is archived in our odour memory with a special coding. When we encounter with a fragrance, we apply to this archive and identify the odour. As to the fragrance perceived for the first time, for which we do not have any information in our memory, we interpret it comparing to other fragrances. If we had no such memory, it would be impossible to identify any fragrance.
Sense of smell is a very sensitive sense. Human works even when sleeping. A person will instantly wakes up when smoke odour is perceived.Further a person can distinguish fragrances up to 10,000.
In fact the capacity of our sense of smell is bigger than what we think. Even some researchers state that it will be wrong to limit such with a specified number as our sense of smell is in a level to be able to distinguish numberless chemical compositions. There is an important point separating smelling memory from visual and audio memory. It was understood that the information with respect to fragrance is permanent for longer periods than others. This is why, many memoirs revive when a fragrance is perceived.
What is Fragrance
How to protect perfume ?
How to make perfume selection ?
Why Open Perfume